Saturday, 8 February 2014

2014... And So it Begins!

2014.
A month into this New Year and I'm just about finding my feet and settling back into life after Christmas (despite already feeling excited for next christmas again! too soon?)
I have never really been one to keep a journal or a diary.. despite my best efforts they have always turned into neglected notepads at the bottom of my bedside drawer, containing just a few days worth of enthusiastic heart-pouring before life inevitably got back in the way of me taking the time to sit and record my thoughts, experiences, dreams and discoveries.
This year, I decided to try again.. But instead of trying the same old strategy and hoping for new results, I thought I would adopt a different approach, and as such- my blog has been born!!

I am a Yorkshire girl born and bred (this doesn't mean I was raised on a farm!), and after a year-long stint in New York City, I have found myself back in the UK and living down in London for the forseeable future. It has taken me a while to get settled if truth be told- London is a completely different city to anywhere I have lived before, so it has taken some getting used to.
I always have been an avid list-keeper.. I am hideously organised, and also incredibly forgetful- so my 'London To-Do List' is my record of places that I should go to, restaurants I should eat in, bars I should drink in, and experiences that I should throw myself into.

I am hoping that this blog will help me record these experiences, document my photographs from them and let me assess whether or not they were worth the time (and indeed the paper..!) and in the future I can look back on my time here, and smile.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment