Teatoxing
In a disgustingly hungover state at the onset of January 2014, with a severe case of 'The Dicks' (ie/ when the "I'm such a dick," "He/She must think I'm such a dick," thoughts are racing through your fuzzy brain) I made the resolution to change... I was never going to drink again! Ever! And furthermore, I was going to detox- to cleanse my body of all the bad stuff, and become the epitome of health and wholesomeness. I would be radiant!! And no longer an embarrassing drunken mess.
Whilst I may have accidentally consumed several glasses of wine, bubbles, spritzers, beers and cider since (woops) I did think that there was a moment of clarity in my hungover despair... Surely a good ole detox could only be a positive course of action to take?
And so I scoured the internet for every kind of detox pill and potion, and stumbled across something that seemed ideal: The Teatox.
Teatoxing is hugely in vogue at the moment, with every company and brand jumping on the bandwagon and creating their own version of a detoxing tea blend- so the main question was which teatox to choose?
A lot of the options included laxatives, which are frankly not my cup of tea (pahaha! Get it?!!!) and then I came across YourTea's Tiny Teatox.
Available in a 14 or 28 day course- all you have to do is have a cup of tea 3 times a day, roughly 30 minutes before each meal. Possibly the easiest detox in the world?!?! I think so.
As a Yorkshire girl, true to my roots I am a big fan of the national drink (Yorkshire Tea) - so the idea of detoxing by drinking a few cuppas of special brew seemed to be laughably easy. I was sold.
At £26 (including postage) for the 14 day option, it isn't cheap, but also not unjustifiably expensive- £26 is a reasonable price to pay to cleanse your internal systems, reduce bloating, increase energy, reduce lethargy, and improve blood flow- basically making you an all round better human being. Definitely worth it.
And so it was ordered, and within just a few days a prettily packaged pink and brown box landed at my work desk.
My first impressions were that the tea smelled pretty horrid and that the taste was "like green tea with a bit of dirt in it" (I can be ever so eloquent.) But I promised myself that I would do this, and do it properly. And so I carried my teabags around like little mascots- religiously drinking them before my meals, asking for cups of hot water at restaurants before ordering food, cooking MM's dinner half an hour late (a not so popular effect of the tea) and sitting patiently at my work desk waiting the required 30 minutes before eating my breakfast.
To tell the truth, I was a little disappointed that, after my first cup, I didn't deflate like a punctured balloon, skin instantly transforming into that of a newborn baby's and suddenly feeling boundless energy. Still, I persevered- and I am so glad that I did.
I haven't lost any weight, but I wasn't expecting to. What I have lost, though, are the uncomfortable belly-aches, the bloated and sick feeling you get after you polish off a family sized pizza order from Dominos (which I clearly would never do), and the tired, drained and lathargic sluggishness I felt if I had had an unhealthy week of 'bulking.' (I feel it is important to note here, that my use of the term 'bulking' is merely an excuse to eat bad-but-so-good food and get fat)
My energy levels have increased, my attitude is more positive- infact the only area that I haven't noticed an improvement in is my skin, but that is possibly down to the fact that I got the shoddy genes in the family, and suffer from every skin condition going.
I am hooked. I have even grown to love the dirty green tea taste and find it actually quite comforting! My second order has been placed.. And the next time I am going LARGE. A 28 dayer... Bring it on!

No comments:
Post a Comment